Sunday, April 24, 2011

NFL Draft QB's

The NFL Draft commences Thursday night. Let's take a look at the prospective QB's in this year's draft.


Cam Newton - Is he a one year wonder? His feet are a weapon but he'll need time to learn how to read defenses and get proper foot work on his drops from center.


Blaine Gabbert - Another guy who has alot to learn about footwork and the center snap. Gabbert seems to have happy feet in the pocket. His arm strength is adequate. I would not spend a 1st round pick in the guy. I don't see a future Pro Bowl QB.


Andy Dalton- You can't question his leadership or his character. The big question with Dalton is arm strength. Average arm strength can be overcome with superior timing. He reminds me alot of Jim Harbaugh.


Colin Kaepernick- I think Kaepernick's biggest issue might be staying healthy. He looks so skinny out there that you figure he's going to be broken in two pieces given his reckless style of play. He has a very awkward delivery and certainly did not run a pro set at Nevada.


Christian Ponder- He has big time arm strength, but has trouble staying healthy. I'm not crazy about Ponder's decision making. Not a guy that I would draft.


Jake Locker- I swear this kid played 10 years at Washington. I don't understand how it's possible that he could be drafted in the 1st round. Simply put, Locker is inaccurate. If your team drafts Jake Locker, prepare to be drafting a QB in another 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment