Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chavo Guerrero Released

WWE announced today that they have released Chavo Guerrero, who has been with the company since 2001. Here is the announcement from their website: World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Chavo Guerrero as of today, June 25, 2011. We wish Guerrero the best in all future endeavors.

Guerrero took to his Twitter to respond, writing, "Yes, it's true. My release is the big news I was talking about. But let's get something straight. I asked for my release. I was just tired of not being used correctly. Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them. The same thing happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status. Being a Guerrero, we've been taught since diapers to get the most out of ppl & matches. It's our gift, but also our curse. WWE has always used us to make other ppl look good. It all comes down to being happy. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release though! :) now it's time for me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u know we can. :) win or lose I will never go back to the place WWE put me in. I will never go back to being under utilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger "pushes" than me! Thank u to all of u who stuck by me & kept reminding me, I was better than that! :) stay tuned.. Big things coming!! Now I will really be able to entertain u! :) like me or hate me, 1 thing I have always tried to do is entertain u and give u fans your $ worth. Even if my hands were tied most of the time. I love u all and can't wait for the future!! So happy. :)" 

I think this was a horrible mistake. Chavo is right, he was not used properly. He is an overly talented wrestler and he has not had any success in the company (other than a short riegn as ECW champion, which ended in the shortest match in Wrestlemania history) since Eddie passed away. They were one of the greatest tag teams of all time and after Eddie became champion on his own Chavo was pushed aside. However, after Eddie passed away I thought maybe Chavo would get a push (not that he could take Eddie's place). Instead it seemed that WWE gave that spot to Rey. Since then Chavo has only been used as comic relief and to put over other stars who have never amounted to much as he pointed out. The most recent and I guess final instance was with new star Sin Cara. Chavo tried to help him but Sin Cara rejected him. The two fought and Sin Caro won easily. This made Sin Cara look great but made Chavo once again look very stupid. I can understand why he would want to quit, but I can't understand why WWE would refuse to use him more effectively. He will be missed in the company and I think they will regret their mistake. Hopefully we will see Chavo in TNA soon, since that is about the only other option in the wrestling world today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment