Monday, June 27, 2011

Cris Carter Pretty Clearly is Jealous of Terell Owens

                                                                  VERSUS

On the heels of our Monday discussion about Terell Owens comes former NFL WR and current ESPN analyst Cris Carter's contention Monday afternoon that TO was DEFINITELY NOT a top 10 WR of all time.  Ummmm ok Cris...

Let's ignore for a second that Owens is 2nd all Time in receiving TD's, 5th in receptions, and 2nd in receiving yards.  Let's also ignore that Carter is bitter that after three chances at enshrinement, he has yet to be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Let's not ignore that back in 2008 Carter said the following about what he would do to Owens if he owned the Dallas Cowboys.

"“If I’ve got a gun, I’ve got one bullet in it, I shoot TO right now, right on the spot. I have a press conference, I have him come in, and I put a bullet right there [inaudible] in him.”


http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Cris-Carter-Says-He-Would-Shoot-Terrell-Owens-On-ESPN-Radio-Blog-16931

I'll go ahead and humor Cris.  I will try and come up with 10 receivers better than TO even though I don't think it can be done.

1. Jerry Rice
2. Don Hutson
3. Lance Alworth
4. Randy Moss (maybe)
5. Marvin Harrison (maybe)
6.Tim Brown (maybe)
7. Hmmmmm....

Sorry Cris, I could only get to 6.  You are entitled to your opinion, but this one is so blatantly wrong it smacks of you being jealous of TO's fame, production, and the respect for his career.

Can you possibly come up with 10 receivers that had better careers than Terell Owens?

No comments:

Post a Comment